I love an easy home decor DIY project, so when I saw a boho pampas grass sun on a decor website for over $70, I knew I could make it for much much less than that. I only needed a few different items to make this adorable sun, which now hangs on the wall when you first come in from our garage. It adds the perfect boho touch to the space.
Items you’ll need:
- 12 inch wood craft circle. I found mine at Menards, but I’ve also seen them at Target, and I’m sure Hobby Lobby has them as well. You can also search Amazon. Make sure your circle has a a thick edge so holes can be drilled into the side. My wood circle cost about $6.
- Miter saw (to cut your circle in half)
- Sand paper
- Drill with 1/16″ drill bit
- Pampas Grass Stems – I got mine from Amazon and needed approximately 30 stems for my sun. I did have to order 3 bundles to get all the brown stems I needed. Still, these are only $6 per bundle, totaling $18. You could make yours more or less sparse than mine. Mine are brown, but it also came with white stems in the package.
- Sawtooth hanger. I had one from an unused photo frame that I used. You can also find them at Hobby Lobby for purchase.
- Grab your 12 inch wood circle and cut it in half with your miter saw.
- Lightly sand the edges of the circle so it’s smooth.
- Use your drill with 1/16″ drill bit to drill holes into the top edge of your circle. I did mine pretty close together because I wanted the sun to appear pretty full with the pampas grass stems.
- Grab your pampas grass stems and start sticking them into the holes.
- Put your saw tooth hanger into the back of the sun. Some saw tooth hangers require a drill to screw in, while others you can hammer into the wood.
- Hang up in your home! You’ve created a beautiful boho piece of art for a fraction of the price of the ones I’ve seen online.
I’d love to see your own Pampas Grass Sun if you create one! Leave a photo in the comments!